It’s the simplest things in life that bring us the most joy. This is the sentiment behind the Chinese brush painting, “Auspicious Cranes,” by Zhao Ji, the eighth emperor of the Song Dynasty. In 1112, on the 16th day of the first lunar month, the emperor observed a mass of clouds above the imperial gates, later followed by a group of cranes. As crowds gathered to witness this event, the emperor decided to paint this masterpiece with ink and colour on a silk hand scroll. Set against a teal blue sky, 18 cranes fly above the palace (two are perched on the roof ridge), bringing good luck, nobility, and peace.
Available in 3 Sizes
– Large rectangle: 69 inches x 20 inches (175 cm x 50 cm)
– Large square: 41 inches x 41 inches (106 cm x 106 cm)
– Small square: 20 inches x 20 inches (50 cm x 50 cm)
– Note: this listing is not a set of scarves
– Large rectangle scarf: machine-stitched edges
– Large / Small square scarf: hand-rolled edges
– Layout of the print on the large scarf:
– Photo1: Image of the rectangle scarf folded in half
– Photo 2: The image of the painting is repeated on the bottom half in the same orientation- When you wear the scarf draped over your shoulders, you get a stunning identical image
– All three scarves are versatile. Depending on the occasion and your mood, they can be twisted, knotted, and tied in creative ways to highlight different parts of the painting
Material: Classic silk scarves are typically made from 100% silk with different textures. The most common are twill (crisp finish and subtle sheen) and silk charmeuse (soft, smooth, and lustrous). – This scarf is silk charmeuse:- 100% mulberry silk- Medium weight (compared to other silk scarves)- Smooth, soft, subtle sheen
Benefits of Silk
– Hypoallergenic: Silk is naturally resistant to allergens such as dust mites, mold, and fungus
– Eco-friendly: Silk is 100% biodegradable
– Due to the delicate nature of our printed scarves, we recommend gentle hand washing only. Steps: 1. Soak the scarf in a container filled with mild soap and lukewarm water2. Wash and rinse by gently squeezing the scarf under running water. Do not rub or wring the fabric 3. Hang to dry 4. Steam on the low heat setting.
Shipping time for NOBLE DAYS Brand Products, after order preparation (2-5 business days):
Domestic standard shipping: 2-10 business days
Domestic express shipping: 2-3 business days.
(Puerto Rico and Hawaii up to 7–12 business days)
Outside the US:
International standard shipping: 5-15 business days.
International express shipping: 3-5 business days.
Our return policy lasts 14 days. NOBLE DAYS' products are made on demand and we can't accept returns unless the product is defective. Custom Products are non-refundable. For more info visit the Returns and Refund Policy.